Online TMJ Therapy®
Temporomandibular disorder (TMD)
Temporomandibular disorder (TMD) is a condition affecting the jaw joint known as the temporomandibular joint (TMJ), restricting movement and usually causing pain.
This disorder may also be known as TMJ dysfunction, TMJ syndrome, TMJ pain and myofascial pain disorder.
The symptoms can be wide and varied and I often see TMJ problems with my Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and ME clients.
Although medical expects don’t know for sure what are the causes of TMD, most agree that there is often a problem in the muscles and soft tissue which may be contributing to the problem in the TMJ.
TMJ Therapy® works on releasing the muscles and soft tissues around the jaw joint, neck and shoulders and so may help with your symptoms.
Signs and common symptoms of TMD include:
One to One Online TMJ Therapy® Consultations
As a licensed TMJ Therapy® Practitioner I can offer you one to one personalised online consultations to assess and supervise you whilst you work on the TMJSOS® Programme, please see below.
It is recommended that once you start the TMJSOS® Programme you have an initial consultation with me to assess your symptoms. This is followed by 3 follow-on sessions a fortnight apart, this covers your first 6 weeks of the TMJSOS® Programme. Of course you can always continue with maintenance sessions for as long as necessary after the initial 6 weeks.
TMJ Therapy Self-help Online System®
TMJ Therapy Self-help Online System® (TMJSOS®) is an online programme, supplied and developed by Tracey Kiernan owner of Blend Therapy Training using her massage knowledge and former experience as a Dental Nurse.
The TMJSOS® Programme consists of easy to follow videos showing you massage and trigger point release techniques, a presentation explaining the condition further, helpful tips and stretches that you can do at home.
It is recommended that whilst you are working on the TMJSOS® Programme you are also working alongside a licensed TMJ Therapy® Practitioner, such as myself. In my experience this is especially important if you have another condition such as Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or ME, as it is imperative to take things slowly and gently.
TMD has varied and wide ranging symptoms, which is why it is highly recommended to work with a licensed TMJ Therapy® Practitioner who can supervise your progress whilst on the TMJSOS® Programme.
- The information presented within the Restoring Balance Wellness Clinic website including presentations, videos and any publications, text, graphics, images or other material are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, assessment, or treatment.
- Amanda Collins, is a Complementary Therapist and as such is not medically trained and cannot diagnose.
- Always seek the advice of your medical team, dental team or other medical healthcare provider with any questions in regard to a medical condition or treatment.
- Always consult with your qualified healthcare provider before beginning any new health care regimen.
- Never delay seeking or disregard professional advice because of anything you may read, see or hear during your one to one consultation, advice shared by Restoring Balance Wellness Clinic.
Term and Conditions
Full Terms and Conditions for Restoring Balance Wellness Clinic can be found here.